Just little things I didn’t appreciate, at all, until I moved to Korea (and this blog has been soon sadly neglected…but I just didn’t have the motivation/content to write).
- bookstores with English books
- the Triple Chocolate Chunk cookies from the B&N cafe (yep, bookstores on the brain)
- real 2-day shipping from Amazon
- not constantly checking my watch if we’re out at night (Korea wide has a 0100 curfew)
- Old Navy
- shoes in my size that are FEMALE
- stop signs
- Starburst jelly beans (someone recently was SO AWESOME and sent me two bags!)
- full-size ovens
- swimming pools
- Smith Mountain Lake
- a GOOD library!
- people waiting in line (Americans are getting worse at it, but Koreans definitely have the market on rude-assery in “line” cornered)
- road trips
- clothes in colors other than white, gray, and black
- not feeling like a giant
Next time I’ll try to make a list of things I’ll miss about Korea.